What is PRI?
ISDN (Integrated Service Digital Network) is divided into two types of services, BRI (Basic Rate Interface) and PRI (Primary Rate Interface). BRI is mostly used by smaller enterprises, PRI is meant for medium and large enterprises as well as smaller companies who require a high number of parallel calls.
Both, BRI and PRI are consisting of B and D channels. B-channels carry voice (or data), D-channels carry control and signalling information. BRI consists of two B-channels and one D-channel. PRI is often referred to as T1 (for North America and Japan) and E1 (for Europe and Australia). T1 usually has 23 B-channels and one D-channel, E1 usually 30 B-channels and 2 D-channels. Additionally, there are PRI pairings available consisting of multiple T1/E1 lines, as well as fractional T1/E1 lines with less than 23/30 channels.
Common Questions about IP Phone Systems, PBX and VoIP
- Best practices for secure VoIP telephony
- Connect multiple PBXs and IP phone systems
- Firewall for VoIP PBX
- High Availability for IP Phone Systems
- How can I save energy with Green VoIP and my IP PBX?
- How to do call recording with your IP PBX
- Inhouse vs. Hosted PBX
- IP Door Intercom Systems
- IP PBX for Agencies
- medical office pbx
- PBX for Law Firms
- Reasons to switch to an IP PBX phone system
- Smart Housing and public announcements via VoIP
- VoIP Telephony Glossary
- What analog interface cards are supported by AskoziaPBX?
- What are SIP or VoIP phones?
- What do FXS and FXO mean?
- What is a PBX Phone System?
- What is a softphone?
- What is a voicemail system?
- What is an IP PBX?
- What is BLF?
- What is Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)?
- What is Hot Desking?
- What is PRI?
- What is SIP Trunking?
- What is SIP?
- What is SIPS and SRTP?
- What is Unified Communications?
- What is VPN?
- What ISDN interface cards are supported by AskoziaPBX?
- Which SIP Status Codes do exist?
- Why is Askozia the easiest phone system?
- Why should you use Askozia PBX?