What are SIP or VoIP phones?
VoIP phones are connected to an IP phone system using LAN (Local Area Network) or the Internet. Most IP phones are using the SIP protocol (Session Initiation Protocol), no matter if those are hardware or software IP telephones. Well known manufacturers of IP phones are Polycom, Snom, Gigaset, Tiptel, Yealink and Alcatel. Widely used examples for softphones are Blink and Bria.
Using an IP PBX phone system usually requires you to use VoIP telephones. Hardware SIP phones look nearly like traditional analog or ISDN phones. IP phones are developed to be used in IP networks. This is also called Voice over IP. Another type of IP phones are so called softphones. A soft phone is piece of software that behaves exactly like a normal IP telephone. You can run a soft phone on a PC, mac, tablet or smartphone.
The AskoziaPBX IP phone system supports the majority of all IP phone handsets sold world-wide. Furthermore, AskoziaPBX supports auto-detection and auto-configuration for the most popular IP phones.
Common Questions about IP Phone Systems, PBX and VoIP
- Best practices for secure VoIP telephony
- Connect multiple PBXs and IP phone systems
- Firewall for VoIP PBX
- High Availability for IP Phone Systems
- How can I save energy with Green VoIP and my IP PBX?
- How to do call recording with your IP PBX
- Inhouse vs. Hosted PBX
- IP Door Intercom Systems
- IP PBX for Agencies
- medical office pbx
- PBX for Law Firms
- Reasons to switch to an IP PBX phone system
- Smart Housing and public announcements via VoIP
- VoIP Telephony Glossary
- What analog interface cards are supported by AskoziaPBX?
- What are SIP or VoIP phones?
- What do FXS and FXO mean?
- What is a PBX Phone System?
- What is a softphone?
- What is a voicemail system?
- What is an IP PBX?
- What is BLF?
- What is Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)?
- What is Hot Desking?
- What is PRI?
- What is SIP Trunking?
- What is SIP?
- What is SIPS and SRTP?
- What is Unified Communications?
- What is VPN?
- What ISDN interface cards are supported by AskoziaPBX?
- Which SIP Status Codes do exist?
- Why is Askozia the easiest phone system?
- Why should you use Askozia PBX?