BLF (Busy lamp fields)
What is BLF?
BLF or busy lamp fields show the status of other users phones (busy, ringing, available) connected to your phone system. Required is that you have this user on one of your BLFs and that your phone has BLFs in the first place. Modern IP phones use multi colour LEDs to indicate the status of another phone. BLFs can also be used to call other users by pushing the BLF button.
BLF and Pickups
Some phone systems also allow to do pickups of the phones of other users. This way you can pickup calls from your users when they are not available. Usually users need to be members of the same pickup group, in order to pick up each others phones.
Pickups can be combined with BLF. When the phone of another users is ringing, this is indicated by a blinking BLF on your phone. If you and the other user are in the same pickup group, you can pickup the phone by pressing the BLF button on your phone.
Common Questions about IP Phone Systems, PBX and VoIP
- Best practices for secure VoIP telephony
- Connect multiple PBXs and IP phone systems
- Firewall for VoIP PBX
- High Availability for IP Phone Systems
- How can I save energy with Green VoIP and my IP PBX?
- How to do call recording with your IP PBX
- Inhouse vs. Hosted PBX
- IP Door Intercom Systems
- IP PBX for Agencies
- medical office pbx
- PBX for Law Firms
- Reasons to switch to an IP PBX phone system
- Smart Housing and public announcements via VoIP
- VoIP Telephony Glossary
- What analog interface cards are supported by AskoziaPBX?
- What are SIP or VoIP phones?
- What do FXS and FXO mean?
- What is a PBX Phone System?
- What is a softphone?
- What is a voicemail system?
- What is an IP PBX?
- What is BLF?
- What is Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)?
- What is Hot Desking?
- What is PRI?
- What is SIP Trunking?
- What is SIP?
- What is SIPS and SRTP?
- What is Unified Communications?
- What is VPN?
- What ISDN interface cards are supported by AskoziaPBX?
- Which SIP Status Codes do exist?
- Why is Askozia the easiest phone system?
- Why should you use Askozia PBX?