What is Unified Communications?
Unified Communications (UC) is the integration of practically all real time communication services with the purpose of making communication more efficient. UC services include telephony, instant messaging, presence information and unified messaging (email, fax, SMS). As shown on the graphic below, UC unifies even the different core technologies, as telephony can be further divided into Voice over IP (internet telephony) or via classical PTSN telephony using analog and ISDN.
Practically every communication device available can be used for Unified communication. That includes PCs, Macs, Tablets, IP phones, smart phones and traditional phones, as well as software, used in the UC infrastructure. The software integrated in your UC environment can be anything from an exchange server, a CRM or an ERP system. Unified communication also allows you to send a message on one device, and receive the answer on another device. A good example for this is voicemail. You can receive it on your desk phone, via a soft phone on your smart phone or tablet or via email on your laptop.
UC can take many different forms. It is basically a set of technologies, which can be combined with the purpose of enhancing human communication and increasing efficiency in a distributed environment. UC is especially advantageous for distributed teams with different communication requirements.
Common Questions about IP Phone Systems, PBX and VoIP
- Best practices for secure VoIP telephony
- Connect multiple PBXs and IP phone systems
- Firewall for VoIP PBX
- High Availability for IP Phone Systems
- How can I save energy with Green VoIP and my IP PBX?
- How to do call recording with your IP PBX
- Inhouse vs. Hosted PBX
- IP Door Intercom Systems
- IP PBX for Agencies
- medical office pbx
- PBX for Law Firms
- Reasons to switch to an IP PBX phone system
- Smart Housing and public announcements via VoIP
- VoIP Telephony Glossary
- What analog interface cards are supported by AskoziaPBX?
- What are SIP or VoIP phones?
- What do FXS and FXO mean?
- What is a PBX Phone System?
- What is a softphone?
- What is a voicemail system?
- What is an IP PBX?
- What is BLF?
- What is Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)?
- What is Hot Desking?
- What is PRI?
- What is SIP Trunking?
- What is SIP?
- What is SIPS and SRTP?
- What is Unified Communications?
- What is VPN?
- What ISDN interface cards are supported by AskoziaPBX?
- Which SIP Status Codes do exist?
- Why is Askozia the easiest phone system?
- Why should you use Askozia PBX?