What is Hot Desking?
Hot Desking allows simple switch desks in shared office environments. Hot Desking is often used in companies, where colleagues work in shifts or don´t have to be at their desk the whole time. To use Hot Desking a few conditions have to be met. Every employee has to be able to take their phone extension to any telephone in the shared office, to be reachable for customers and colleagues – without physically moving their phone or computer. Further it is necessary to combine telephony and data network.
The AskoziaPBX IP-PBX software offers Hot Desking features like variable activation of phone extensions, a centralized phonebook or voicemail forwarding to any email address. With AskoziaPBX you can easily introduce Hot Desking in your company.
Common Questions about IP Phone Systems, PBX and VoIP
- Best practices for secure VoIP telephony
- Connect multiple PBXs and IP phone systems
- Firewall for VoIP PBX
- High Availability for IP Phone Systems
- How can I save energy with Green VoIP and my IP PBX?
- How to do call recording with your IP PBX
- Inhouse vs. Hosted PBX
- IP Door Intercom Systems
- IP PBX for Agencies
- medical office pbx
- PBX for Law Firms
- Reasons to switch to an IP PBX phone system
- Smart Housing and public announcements via VoIP
- VoIP Telephony Glossary
- What analog interface cards are supported by AskoziaPBX?
- What are SIP or VoIP phones?
- What do FXS and FXO mean?
- What is a PBX Phone System?
- What is a softphone?
- What is a voicemail system?
- What is an IP PBX?
- What is BLF?
- What is Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)?
- What is Hot Desking?
- What is PRI?
- What is SIP Trunking?
- What is SIP?
- What is SIPS and SRTP?
- What is Unified Communications?
- What is VPN?
- What ISDN interface cards are supported by AskoziaPBX?
- Which SIP Status Codes do exist?
- Why is Askozia the easiest phone system?
- Why should you use Askozia PBX?